Monday, October 14, 2002

I'm up early again this morning but feel more rested than I did yesterday....and thanksgiving dinner is no more than a faint memory for another year. I'm not sure exactly why Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving but I'll take the long weekend in October. I know that today is actually Thanksgiving Day but our family celebrated it yesterday.

It rained off and on all day yesterday but I'm hoping it'll be a little bit nicer today so I can get out in the garden. We want to put our patio set away and start cleaning up the flower beds. It's been so nice lately that it doesn't seem necessary but we're doing it anyway. The geraniums are still blooming in the flower beds at the back of the house, so are the snap dragons. It's a little weird actually. Hopefully though, it'll stay nice and we can have a big BBQ at Christmas.

Back in the spring, I bought this neat, "squirrel-proof" bird feeder. We're going to finally put it out this week. I bought a shepherd's hook thing to hang it on and we should be able to watch the birds from our living room, all winter long. We're really lucky because we have a lot of wild life in our neighbourhood. Considering that we're in the middle of the city, that's kind of cool. We often see bunnies and raccoons around. We also have Cardinals, Blue Jays, Morning Doves and lots of other birds in our back yard on a regular basis. I hope that we'll get to see more birds this winter, with the feeder. I'm going to look for one of those "Birds of North America" books so I can identify more of them. I never thought that I'd get into watching the birds but I guess that comes with home ownership. We have a great back yard and the birds are like this cool bonus thing that we can also enjoy. Nature is cool!


No comments: