Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Way Back Wednesday - Dance The Night Away

Van Halen - Dance The Night Away
Like most music fans, I was saddened to learn about the recent death of Eddie Van Halen. I've said it before, cancer is a fucking thief. If you grew up in the late 70's / early 80's like I did, you could not help hearing Van Halen songs everywhere... on the radio, on television, at the mall, blasting from open car windows, literally anywhere you'd go, you would hear the super distinctive guitar of Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth's crazy screams. 

Honestly, in the mid-80's, my favourite Van Halen song was Aztec Camera's cover of "Jump" (I still think it's the best version of the song) but prior to that, while I was still in elementary school, I loved today's song. For Way Back Wednesday, I'm going to share "Dance The Night Away." I've listened to it quite a few times over the past couple of weeks and it never gets old for me. Released in 1979 on Van Halen II, it was the bands first top 15 song. If you like Dave's scream and Eddie's playing, you're gonna love this. 

Stay safe kids xo

Have you seen her
So fine and pretty
Fooled me with her style and ease
And I feel her from across the room
Yes, it's love in the third degree

No comments: