Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Because It's Tuesday - week of October 20

Hey kids.

Happy Tuesday. 

I took an unplanned hiatus for a couple of weeks. That does happen sometimes. Life gets busy and while I'm still listening to music, I don't take the time to share it here. I apologize. Can't say that it won't happen again but I'm back.... so let's go!!

It's Tuesday. As it's Tuesday, I'm sharing a cover today. Today's cover is a song which I have filed in my personal music collection under "roller skating songs." It's filed there because when this song was first released, it would get played at the roller rink I liked to visit with my friends. It was an awesome place with shag carpet covered boards and sparkly strings of Christmas lights everywhere.

The Kings - Switchin' To Glide
Many times over the summer, while Bill and I were listening to old songs (we occasionally like to take a fun stroll down memory lane and listen to the songs from our childhood), this song would pop up. Well, not this version but the original. It is truly an unforgettable tune which can also be a most delicious ear worm. It was fun back in 1980 when it was first released, it's still fun in 2020 and the cover is really sweet.

So, having said all of that, today's cover is the Cherry Poppin' Daddies' version of The Kings classic, "Switchin' To Glide." I hope you enjoy it and maybe go give a listen to the original because it still rocks!!

stay safe kittens, wear a mask, wash your hands xo

Energy can be directed
I'm turning it up I'm turning it down
Even love can be affected
Harmony's the sweetest sound


No comments: