Thursday, October 22, 2020

Cancon Thursday - This Beat Goes on / Switchin' To Glide

The Kings
How is your week going? We're in the home stretch for the weekend now!!

It's Cancon Thursday here on ye olde blog. I'm going to keep this short and sweet because today's post is directly connected to this week's cover song post. I think this might be the first time I've shared the same song twice in one week. Neato!

That's right kiddos, I'm sharing the original song, well the better known, longer version of Tuesday's song, "This Beat Goes On / Switchin' To Glide" by the Kings. The video is a super fun montage of them playing their biggest hit over the years. Listening to "this beat goes on" made me feel a little melancholy. They talk about getting together with friends and having a good time. Gatherings with large groups of folks just shouldn't be happening right now (and I'm practically living like a hermit at the moment). If we are all smart and patient (and considerate of our fellow humans), we'll continue to play it safe rather than be sorry.

On that note, wear a mask, stay home when you can, wash your hands and practice social distancing... we'll get through this together but I think it's going to take a little while longer xo

I have lots of friends
That I can ding at anytime
Can mobilize some laughs
With just one call
Like a bunch of lunatics
We'll act away past dawn
Sure we'll be rocking
Til our strength is gone
Yeah this beat goes on

 

No comments: