Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Because It's Tuesday - week of October 27

Louisiana Rain
Well it's Tuesday once again, the last Tuesday of October.

The cover I'm sharing today was originally released in 1979 by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers on their "Damn the Torpedoes" album. I wasn't the biggest Tom Petty fan but I was always a fan of "Damn the Torpedoes." 

Listening to today's song has reminded me about how much I miss road trips. Getting into the car, picking a direction and just driving until you find somewhere interesting to stop (or you're just too darned tired to keep going). Hopefully someday, when things calm down in the states and the pandemic is actually under control, we can do that again. It's been a long time since I've been on a road trip south of the border. I am optimistic that it'll be something I'll get to experience again even though, in reality, I know it won't be happening anytime soon.

Today's song is a version of "Louisiana Rain" (my buddy John is a big fan of the original) by Cut Worms. He released on Jagjaguwar it last week. You can find a copy of it over on his bandcamp page if you're interested in sending some cash his way to thank him. 

Hope you enjoy it xo

Well I never will get over this English refugee
Singing to the jukebox in some all-night beanery
Yeah he was eating pills like candy and chasing them with tea
You should have seen him lick his lips, that old black muddied beak

No comments: