Friday, February 09, 2018

Guilty Pleasure Friday - What A Fool Believes

I recently learned (in the last few years) that a good sized chunk of the music we were listening to  during 8th grade is now categorized as "Yacht Rock."  If I think about it, several songs did refer to being in some kind of boat on or near the water, I suppose it fits.  A lot of the late 70's / early 80's radio friendly AM pop was pretty laid back. 

Today's guilty pleasure is definitely laid back.  Some of the guys in the band look like they were going to fall asleep during the video filming.  Perhaps some of the Doobie Brothers had indulged in one too many doobies?

Either way, I really liked this song when I was in 8th grade and I still sing along to it whenever I hear it.  I sing along to it very badly though cuz, who can sing as high as Michael McDonald (pun totally not intended)? yikes.


No comments: