Tuesday, February 20, 2018

because it's Tuesday - week of February 20

For those of you who are curious or concerned, I went back to work today.

I'm still too terrified to drink coffee or eat anything that actually has flavour.  My head felt a bit like it was in a bucket all day but I got through the work day and that my friends is a very good thing.

My cover choice for today is a version of Lefty Frizzell's "Long Black Veil."  This lovely version is performed by Rosanne Cash and John Leventhal.  One of the reasons it's so good that I got through the work day today is that I have a front row ticket to see Mr and Mrs Leventhal this evening.  I'm so excited and just awoke from a disco nap so I'll be good to go.  Fortunately, the show is early, starts at 7:30 p.m., 90 minutes, no intermission.  Perfect for an old fart like me.

So, I share with you "Long Black Veil" ...enjoy it kiddies, it's gorgeous and haunting and all of the good things you need in a song that tells a story xo


No comments: