Monday, February 13, 2017

Day 3 - 7 Songs from the 1990's Challenge

This was posted over on Facebook originally but I'm sharing here too because I can!!

Day 3 is here already!! That's right, it is the 3rd day of Jane's "7 90's songs in 7 days" challenge. As you will recall if you're reading this every day (and I'm sure you all are!!), Jane was challenged to do this by a friend last week. Rather than simply find 7 90's songs, Jane found 7 90's Canadian songs. She's challenged me and my twist on her twist is that I'm sharing tunes by bands who would have crashed at my house while in Kingston for a show.

Today's song, appropriately shared around lunch time, is Carne Mysterioso by the amazing Leather Uppers. My brother Patrick put on a show in Acton Gym one mid-90's July. It was an incredible night featuring Two For Flinching, Inspector Fuzz, the Leather Uppers, The Stand GT and The Smugglers.

I'd never seen the Leather Uppers live and was totally blown away. I know that folks say that all of the time but this was real and to this day, I don't think I've ever experienced anything like it. They were performing as a 3 piece at the time and their set was crazy. The Smugglers crashed around the corner from my house at my brother's place and I seem to recall us all going to Morrison's for breakfast the next morning. I'm having a hard time believing that it was over 20 years ago!!

Enjoy some Carne Mysterioso for lunch today!!


No comments: