Thursday, September 28, 2006

olde tyme gas pump


olde tyme gas pump
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
It's been so dark outside all day today that our "hey it's dark so we better kick in" lights on the deck were on shortly after 6 p.m.

it's been raining all day too which is kind of a bummer, it was chilly too. I am still wearing sandals though (well not right now but to wokr today), I don't want to give up on them quite yet.

today's blog photo was taken in the city of my birth. we stopped off there to get gas on the way home from Toronto over the weekend. I wish we could have pumped gas from this particular pump, and paid the same prices that folks paid for it when it was still in use. Unfortunately, we had to use the regular pumps and pay 2006 prices for it.

On a completely unrelated note, I was interested to read about the "Mama Mona Lisa" business. I think it's really cool that they were able to see more detail on the painting, so much so that they could see the type of fabric in the garment she wore. Part of it seems like yet another "celebrity pregnancy" story but I found it to be neat, all the same.

No comments: