Thursday, June 29, 2006

that good kind of tired

Over the past few weeks, as I've mentioned here, I've been spending more and more of my work day away from my desk. We've had professional development days, skills training and today, a day-long meeting with folks who do the same kind of work we do at different institutions. Part of it has been difficult. The work still needs to get done so it feels like I've been spinning in circles, trying to keep all the balls in the air, so to speak. Running around at top speed to make up for the "lost days" can be a little exhausting but it's been worthwhile for me.

Some of the days away have been more rewarding than others. Today was definitely one of the good ones. Similar to the workshop I attended last week, I came away from the day feeling good. Lots of great ideas were shared today and it was comforting to hear that many of the challenges we face every day are not unique to our group. Of course, right now, I'm completely pooped, utterly exhausted. I'm really wishing that I had booked tomorrow off and made a nice, four-day weekend of it but I didn't. Oh well, I think that almost everyone else did so it should be nice and quiet in the office. If all goes well, I won't have to bring anything home with tomorrow too!

No comments: