Saturday, June 17, 2006

rain

very early this morning, or quite late last night (depending upon how you see such things) the rain woke me up.

the sound of it filled the bedroom, it was so loud you could almost feel the weight of the water. it went on for a while, I don't know how long exactly but it seemed like I kept falling back to sleep and then waking up again to the sound of the water.

the really nice part of it was that it wasn't coming in the window so I could lay in bed and listen to this huge storm outside and not have to shut it out completely.

it's still raining now, although you can't hear it. the sun's trying to burn through too, which is odd, as it's still raining.

today's my only day off this week. I have a lot to do around the house before tomorrow. if the rain keeps up, that will keep me in the house, doing my chores, getting stuff done.

if the sun comes out, I could be tempted outside, into the garden, maybe to putter, maybe to sip coffee and read magazines.

if I'm lucky, the sun will come out in full force, later on today, after my chores are done.

No comments: