Thursday, November 11, 2004

remembrance day

Today is a particularly sad remembrance day, I think. It's impossible to separate the thoughts of all those young people who died during World War I and II from all of those poor young Americans who are in Iraq right now dying. I keep hearing about the high numbers of injuries that are being sustained while this attack on Fallujah continues. It's terrible and heart breaking and sickening.

On an "up" note, we're heading off to Ottawa in a couple of hours. Unfortunately, we were both up, wide awake, this morning at 4:15 a.m. I wish that we could have slept in at least an hour more but we didn't. I'm sure that we'll pay for it later on but right now, I am trying not to think about it. I'm just concentrating on getting there safely and having fun once we arrive.

No comments: