Monday, November 01, 2004

egged

I could have sworn I heard eggs being chucked against the side of our house last night. It was a dream, I know now, but at the time it was very realistic. Halloween was fun, we had 91 kids at our door. They started kind of late and were mostly "big" kids (like, boys who can shave!) but it was fun all the same. Tonight I have to pack away my glow in the dark skeleton for another year. I'm not too upset about it, it'll soon be time to pull out the holiday lights.

t'was the night before the election...

I've been feeling anxious and emotional all day today. I'm quite worried about the outcome of the US election tomorrow and cannot wait for it to be over, one way or another. I truly feel that Kerry will win but I worry that fear will conquer logic and morons will put dubya back in office. I've never felt so strongly before, about an election that is happening outside of Canada. As a person who lives in a border town though, I hate to watch what has happened to our neighbours over the past 3.75 years. It boggles my mind to imagine what further, irreparable damage could be done by the current US administration if they are given an addition four years in office. Hopefully, we won't have to worry about it. It would be so nice to go to bed tomorrow night knowing that Kerry won. I don't expect that we will know tomorrow but a girl's gotta hope, right?

One thing that made me smile today: Finding out that there were no eggs on my house. Heck, I didn't even seen one smashed pumpkin this morning.

No comments: