Wednesday, November 10, 2004

mid week blahs

This is a short week for me. I have booked off this Friday. Actually, I have a few Fridays booked off between now and the end of the year. I had a bunch of vacation days left over and it's one of those "use 'em or lose 'em" situations. I chose to use 'em. I probably shouldn't use 'em. Goodness knows that I have enough work on my plate right now that days off are the worst possible thing I could. I feel that I need them though, not want, need. I've been beyond stressed recently so I'm quite looking forward to all of these mini-breaks.

This Friday, the only thing I have planned is to sleep in. You see, tomorrow night, we're heading off to Zaphod's in Ottawa. We'll be picking up my brother and his lovely lady and going to see Jonathan Richman. I've been looking forward to this for a long time. We were supposed to see this show back in June but it was cancelled. It'll be a great time, I'm sure, and it'll be wonderful to see my brother again.

I know that you're not supposed to "wish the week away" but right now, the only thing that's keeping me going is thinking about a long weekend and "dancing in the lesbian bar."

No comments: