Sunday, November 07, 2004

processed

So I have had a few days to mull it all over. I've cried, wanted to punch things and have given myself a few tension headaches over the whole thing. I'm letting it go though, or trying to. I'm not going to scream at the television (because that doesn't really make me feel better anyway. I will continue to listen to Air America and hear about all the good work that people are doing to counter-balance all the bullshit that will no doubt be happening. I'm also looking for a way to get more involved with the whole political scene here as well. I don't have a lot of time to commit to the cause but I worry that we could see something like this happen up here. It scares the shit out of me. I mean, we came pretty close this year to having Stephen Harper leading our country. I think that I have a responsibility to help folks make sure that we never get that close to having a nazi lead our country again.

Having said all of that, there is a bunch of weird/sad family stuff that is going on at the moment. The weird stuff, I can't really get into. It's not that I don't want to post it here it's just that I don't have the energy at the moment to write about it. The other thing, is very very sad. My cousin lost her baby on Friday morning. She discovered that the baby had actually died (three weeks before it was due to be delivered) on Thursday, she delivered it on Friday morning. I cannot even begin to imagine the heartache that she's experiencing right now. The baby was a girl and they are planning to come back here to have a funeral for her (they are living in the southern US right now).

Right now, well, tomorrow really, I'm going to try refocus my energy into positive activities. I need to eliminate a lot of the stress that I've been experiencing recently and start having fun again. It feels like it's been a very long time since we've done that. This week should be a good start, we're going to Ottawa on Thursday to see my brother and Jonathon Richman. It'll be a Remembrance Day to remember.

No comments: