Thursday, February 17, 2022

Can Con Thursday - I'm Moving On

As most folks I know would like to see the truckers convoy exit Ottawa quickly, I'm sharing a song today that I hope will inspire them.

For Cancon Thursday, I'm sharing a classic Hank Snow song, "I'm Moving On." Written by Snow in 1949 and recorded in 1950, it spent 21 weeks in the number one position on the Billboard Country Singles chart. Growing up in the 1970's, we heard a lot of Hank Snow on the radio. My parents were fans and my brother and I eventually became fans too. I really love this television performance of "I'm Moving On" from 1967. 

Hope you enjoy it (and that the freedumb convoy folks get the hint - they have long since worn out their welcome)!! 

That big eight-wheeler rollin' down the track
Means your true-lovin' daddy ain't comin' back
'Cause I'm movin' on, I'll soon be gone
You were flyin' too high for my little old sky so I'm movin' on
 


No comments: