Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Because It's Tuesday - week of February 15

The Super Bowl and Valentine's Day are both over for another year, it was kind of nice to get them both out of the way at once for a change.  If these things bring you joy, I'm happy for you. A happy distraction is a wonderful thing these days. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of either, nor am I keen to watch the news recently, it makes me both angry and sad at the same time (I'm looking at you #freedumbconvoy people).

As today is Tuesday, I've decided to ignore all of the things that make me feel sad/mad and share a cover song with you.

Today's cover is by the Launderettes, it's their version of "Nobody But Me."

Written and originally recorded by the Isley Brothers in 1962, Nobody but Me has been covered by SO many bands, including Doug and the Slugs, the Residents and The Human Beinz (this song made the Human Beinz into one-hit wonders when it went to number 8 on the Billboard pop singles chart in 1968). 

I think that a lot folks will also remember hearing the song on an episode of the US version of the Office.

Anyway, I love this version by the Launderettes. It was recorded for their 2002 album, Shaken and Disturbed.

Enjoy it kids and remember, kindness is magic!!

No-no, no, no, no, no-no-no, no, no-no, no, no-no
Na-no, no, na-no, no-no, na-no, no-no, no, no-no, no


No comments: