Tuesday, February 01, 2022

Because It's Tuesday - week of February 1

Hey everyone. 

Still keeping warm? Hopefully you're not stuck in a snowbank or nursing a bruised knee from slipping on the ice. I don't have any hard feelings against cold weather. I'm actually a fan of wooly socks and cozy sweaters but ice, under the snow (now in it's 3rd week) is no fun at all.

What is fun though, is listening to good music. I love to do that and it's extra fun when a beloved classic song is covered by someone you're a fan of AND they do an awesome job of it.

Because it's Tuesday, I'm sharing a cover with you. Today's song was written by Gene Pitney and originally recorded by the incredible Roy Orbison in 1960. Gene Pitney and Ricky Nelson also recorded it but my favourite cover is by Fountains of Wayne. Whichever version you prefer, they'll all get your toe to tapping. I promise. Enjoy!!

Hope you have a good day and can find something to make you smile today xo

Today's teardrops are tomorrow's rainbows
And tomorrow's rainbows we will share me and you
So dry your eyes, little girl, dry your eyes,
And we're gonna see skies of blue


No comments: