Friday, January 28, 2022

Isolate Friday - Tiny Pieces

How are you doing?

Did you get through the week relatively unscathed?

These January days are tough. The days feel weird when  you're spending them alone for the most part. Last January, I was in Summerland with Bill and the month seemed really good. This year, due to the omicron outbreak before the holidays, we're each at home alone. As much as it's tough for us to be apart, I acknowledge we're really lucky. So far, we've managed to remain healthy throughout the pandemic; we both have the good luck to be able to work from home and we're also fortunate enough to live in our own homes. Neither of us has to worry about being too close to folks at work or in common spaces in an apartment building. We both realize how privileged we are so I don't like to complain about the isolation.

Instead, I'm going to share a song for Isolation Friday. I've loved this song for a long, long time and it's one of those tunes that almost always shows up on any playlist I'm making for myself. I'll not say a bunch about it other than I'm sharing "Tiny Pieces" by Bash and Pop. Bash and Pop were Tommy Stinson's first post-Replacements project and this record was released almost 30 years ago (gah!), in 1993. The album, Friday Night Is Killing Me, is solidly excellent and well worth a listen if you've never heard it.

Hope you all stay safe and warm this weekend. While it's really important for us to be kind each other, particularly now, it's also a good idea to be kind to yourself. xo

Off of my tongue and through my pen
The ink flows steadily in red
Did you think to much
Lose too much
Did you go a little far
I couldn't help myself to you
More different than we knew
And every word I thought I should have said
Was choking me

No comments: