Friday, April 24, 2020

Isolation Fridays - Alone Again (Naturally)

Before I get into today's song, I'd like to wish my dad, Mike Shanks, a very happy birthday. It feels very strange to not be seeing him on his big day. Celebrations while we're all in isolation are pretty lackluster. I guess we'll have to make plans to celebrate in a big way when we can all be together again. Dad, I hope you have a fantastic day!!

Ordinarily, on Fridays, I post a "not guilty just pleasure" song. In other words, I share a song that I like, just because I like it. Today, I'm posting an isolation appropriate song to end the week with.

This song, from 1972, speaks for itself. Hope you get a kick out of Gilbert O'Sullivan's mournful "Alone Again (Naturally)." May be a kick isn't appropriate, it's a pretty sad song... enjoy isn't really right either. Anyway, give it a listen, what can it hurt?

Stay safe folks, isolation is working and so is washing your hands, xo


We may as well go home
As I did on my own
Alone again, naturally

No comments: