Friday, April 03, 2020

Not Guilty Just Pleasure - Fountains of Wayne Tiny Desk Concert

I know that you all know that I'm a big fan of the Fountains of Wayne. From the first time I heard them back in the 90's I was hooked on them. Amazing musicians, superb lyrics, super fun.

Earlier this week, Fountains of Wayne co-founder Adam Schlesinger died from complications caused by COVID-19. It's heartbreaking news for his family and friends, not to mention all of the fans of his wonderful songs.

For today's "not guilty just pleasure" post, rather than just share one song, I'm going to share a Tiny Desk concert from 2013. It's four songs by Fountains of Wayne. I've been listening to them A LOT over the past few weeks because hearing their music always makes me feel good. I hope watching this little concert helps you feel better too.

Stay safe everyone, wash your hands and hang out at home... after all, it's where your records are xo

Maybe one day soon it will all come out
How you dream about each other sometimes
With the memory of how you once gave up
But you made it through the troubled times

No comments: