Thursday, April 23, 2020

Cancon Thursday - Time To Get A Gun

I feel a bit bad about neglecting this site for the past couple of weeks.

Truthfully, I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed at the moment. I know that a lot of you are feeling that way too. It's okay that we're all struggling, it's a strange time to be alive and I think it would be pretty fucking weird if we weren't.

I hope to get back to doing this regularly but that may not happen for a while. Instead, I'll pop in once in a while and share a song, sometimes on the theme of the day, but not necessarily. Writing here, even little posts like this one, sharing my feelings, makes me feel better. Things that make us feel better are important right now.

So, for Cancon Thursday, I'm sharing a song by one of my favourite Canadian singer-songwriters. It's an older song of his, from the 1997 album "Lipstick, Lies and Gasoline." It's a completely beautiful album and I invite you to listen to "Time To Get A Gun."

Hope you're all holding up, stay well folks xo

Last week a government man was there
When I walked out of my back door
He said "I'm sorry to bother you son"
It don't matter anymore
'Cause even while we're talking
Right here where we stand
They're making plans for a four-lane highway
And a big ole overpass


No comments: