Friday, January 26, 2018

Guilty Pleasure Friday - There For You

so, if you have read this blog for more than 10 minutes you will know that I am old.

Officially 50. A centennial baby. Ancient.

I'm a fan of music but I have no clue what the "kids" are listening to these days. Do they even still listen to the radio?

Whatever songs are on the top 40 on commercial radio are a mystery to me (admittedly, they have been since the late 1980's but I'm absolutely okay with that!!)

Typically, I watch Saturday Night Live on Sunday mornings.  On a recent Sunday morning, a young performer names Troye Sivan was the musical guest.  I had no clue who he was but pretty much expected to fast forward through his performance.  As it happened, I was folding laundry with a sleeping dog on my foot and the remote was not handy when he took the stage.  I was very pleasantly surprised. I liked his voice, the song he was singing didn't bug my ass too much.  I actually watched his second performance as well.  He was a spritely little delight.

So today, I share with you, a new/recent guilty pleasure.  I have no clue who Martin Garrix is (I actually do now know who Troye Sivan is) but here are Martin and Troye, "There For You."

Give it a chance kittens, you never know, you just might like it! xo


No comments: