Tuesday, January 02, 2018

because it's Tuesday - week of January 2

So, next month, I'm going to see the wonderful Rosanne Cash and John Leventhal perform, right here in Kingston.  I have a front row ticket for the show and I am very excited.

I have been a fan of Ms Cash for probably 30 years now but have never had an opportunity to see her perform until now.  In particular, I really enjoy her album, "The List."  Apparently, her dad, Johnny Cash, gave her a list of 100 "essential country songs" to help her expand her understanding of country music.  Sea of Heartbreak is one of the songs on the list.  I remember hearing it a lot on the radio when I was a kid.  This particular version of it is incredibly beautiful.  Her voice is amazing and she and John sound terrific together.  Enjoy kids xo


No comments: