Tuesday, January 09, 2018

because it's Tuesday - week of January 9

I think that when we were kids, growing up in the 70's, the radio was a bigger deal than it is now.  You didn't really have a lot of options to listen to music if you didn't listen to the radio.  I remember almost always having the radio on and as a result, can recall the lyrics to just too many songs to count.

The local AM stations played a bigger variety of genres back then I think, maybe they didn't.  Perhaps I'm remembering it that way... in any event, today's cover is of a song I recall singing along to whenever I heard it on the radio as a child, Roberta Flack's "killing me softly with his song"

Now, don't get all superior on me and tell me that Roberta covered it after Lori Lieberman's original recording.  Roberta Flack's was the one that we all heard on the radio... the Fugees did a fantastic cover of it and I'm sharing that today.

Enjoy kids! xo


No comments: