Monday, December 25, 2006

it was a spongebob christmas


it was a spongebob christmas
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
did you have a nice day today?

I had a very nice day today.

We spent a lovely afternoon with my parents and brother. It was a lot of fun. We ate a huge meal and opened presents, played games and joked around. We all had a good time.

My dad in particular seemed to be having fun. This year, he received a nintendo game cube with a Tiger Woods golf game. I doubt very much that my mum will see much of him until the spring comes. He spent much of the day in the basement, in front of his big screen tv, playing golf and laughing. blissed out is probably the best way to describe it.

It was great to see my brother. This year, we gave him the "Mousetrap" game. We had it when were kids. I remember how we'd set it up and then drop the trap but I don't think we ever actually played by the rules. We did today and it was a lot of fun.

The only spanner in the works today was that Mark wasn't feeling 100%. He's not been feeling that great over the past couple of days and it seems to have caught up with him. We ended up leaving my mum's place earlier than we had originally planned because he really needed to get home.

He seems to be feeling a little better right now but when we first got home, he was in a huge amount of discomfort. Hopefully, tonight he'll get a good rest and will feel better tomorrow. Originally, we had plans to attend a family open house out of town tomorrow but we've decided to stay home and rest up. He needs a "do nothing day" and that will be tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm yawning a bit myself right now so I think I'll toddle off to bed. 'night all!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Mousetrap! I use to play it all the time as a kid at my Grandmother's.

Merry Christmas!

Hope Mark feels better!