Wednesday, November 04, 2020

Way Back Wednesday - Bizarre Love Triangle

Bizarre Love Triangle
The other day, CBC Music asked, on twitter, what song could always get you onto the dance floor. Without hesitation I answered. It was easy. I'm sure dancing wouldn't be so easy because, well, I'm old now and I don't really go to places with dance floors anymore. Back in the day, about 30+ years ago, when I used to go out dancing with my girlfriends, today's "Way Back Wednesday" song would always make me run to the dance floor.

That's right, I'm sharing the New Order classic, Bizarre Love Triangle. 

As I write this, folks in the US are voting and I'm feeling anxious. I have no idea if we'll know what the results of the American election are in the morning, we may not know for weeks. Good or bad, this song is appropriate. If you are celebrating a Biden / Harris win, you can dance around your living room. On the other hand, if it goes the other way and you need to cheer yourself up, this song will do that too. It's a perfect dance song.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a good day, not just for America but for all of us. I'd love nothing more than to see peace and sanity restored to our biggest and closest neighbour. 

Take care all. Stay safe. Wear a mask. Be kind to each other, please xo

Every time I think of you
I feel shot right through with a bolt of blue
It's no problem of mine
But it's a problem I find
Living a life that I can't leave behind
But there's no sense in telling me
The wisdom of the fool won't set you free
But that's the way that it goes
And it's what nobody knows
Well, every day my confusion grows

 

No comments: