Friday, November 06, 2020

Isolation Friday - Paris 1919

Like many people, I've been spending a lot of time on my own during the pandemic. During this time, I've been listening to a lot of music. It helps me soothe my brain. Over the past few months, I've been revisiting old favourites and uncovering new to me gems. 

John Cale Paris 1919

Today, for isolation Friday, I'm sharing an old favourite by John Cale, Paris 1919. This is a live version with a full orchestra. I love this song and this version is beautiful. It's a song I've found myself listening to on repeat in recent days. It just makes me feel better. I hope that listening to it soothes your brain. If you're looking for something special to listen to this weekend, give the whole "Paris 1919" album a try. Originally released in 1973, it's still a gorgeous thing. 

Enjoy and stay safe folks xo


Efficiency efficiency they say
Get to know your job and tell the time of day
As the crowds begin complaining
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Elysee

No comments: