Wednesday, July 17, 2013

summer thoughts

Just some random thoughts on a Wednesday:

1. Regarding the weather: there is really no pleasing me. First it was too wet and now it's too humid. Does being Canadian give me a license to whine about the weather?

2. Laughter is the best medicine: because so much of what I am reading in the news lately is breaking my heart (trains exploding, flooding, random horrible acts of animal cruelty, children dying after eating their lunch at school, etc.), I've been listening to a lot of funny stuff to try to distract myself and create some balance. As you know, I'm a regular listener of Marc Maron's WTF podcast. Thanks to my brother, I have started listening to BTW with Jeff Garlin (thanks Patrick!!). In between, small doses of the Lonely Island and some 70's cheese, are helping to lighten the mood.

3. No Gleeks in our house: Am I the only person on the planet who had no idea who that dead Glee guy was? On Sunday, when I saw his name trending higher on Google News than Trayvon Martin, I thought he must have been someone important. When I read one of the articles, I quickly realized how wrong I was.

No comments: