Thursday, July 25, 2013

vexatious

Have you ever heard a word, maybe a word you hadn't heard in a while and thought to yourself, "hey, I like that word!"

Every once in a while, this happens to me.  It happened today.  That word is vexatious.  Vexatious is my word of the day.  I will attempt to work it into conversation if possible, for the rest of the day.

Just to explain, the meaning of the word really doesn't come into it when I find a word I like.  For me, I think it more about how the word sounds or looks that does it for me.

Funny thing is that the word "vexatious" is completely contrary to what I'm presently thinking about.  At the moment, I'm thinking about how happy I am that I supported the Polyphonic Spree in their kickstarter project for their new album.  As a backer, I got a pre-release download of their new album, "Yes, It's True" the other day.  I have been listening to it at work, off and on for two days now.

It's a great album, a solid collection of wonderful songs and not one in the bunch that you'd go "meh!" and skip over.  If you are looking for a happy, upbeat, awesome soundtrack for your summer, go over to their website:  http://www.thepolyphonicspree.com/ for more information about the record, the band, and how you buy their stuff (either locally or online).  The album is officially out on August 6 and I can totally vouch for it's general wonderfulness.


The Polyphonic Spree - "You Don't Know Me" (Lyrics Video) from Good Records Recordings on Vimeo.

No comments: