Thursday, April 23, 2009

my sexy nose

It never ceases to amaze me, just exactly how much mucous your body can produce when you're sick. I filled up our kitchen composting container today with the tissues I've used. That doesn't include the ones I used at work while I was there this morning. It's gross but fascinating all at the same time.

My nose hurts like crazy, so does my throat and my ribs. I've been covering my nose with petroleum jelly and using 3-ply tissues with aloe but it's not helping much. My nose is still tender and red and a little W.C. Fields-y looking. My throat and ribs are sore from coughing. I've been on my antibiotics for 24 hours now. I think it takes a couple of days for them to truly kick in. Last night, I slept in 45 minute increments. While I slept, I kept thinking that if I didn't keep my feet in a certain position in the bed, my antibiotics would not work.

I was able to to go into work this morning for a few hours, get some things off my desk and I'm taking tomorrow off too. I have a note from the doctor but the people I work with are awesome and don't really need it but I feel better having one.

Of course, the weekend is supposed to be beautiful, sunny and warm. Mark and Andy are going to be working on our deck (expanding it - yay!) and I'll be hovering under my blanket with Gracie all weekend. If it's really nice, I may be able to bundle up and take my blanket outside and hang out on a lawn chair, we'll see.

Right now, I'm just happy to have the drugs and that my stomach has settled down (it was pretty upset the first 12 hours or so on the drugs) and that Mark made me scrambled eggs for dinner and for hopefully being able to sleep tonight. Sleep would be awesome!

No comments: