Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I'm alive!


candle
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
and I'm not giving any credit to Jeff Lynne! (although I always - sadly - think of a certain song from the Xanadu soundtrack when I hear "I'm Alive")

Between computer woes (first we were without internet for a few days, then my motherboard was fried and needed replacing) and being sick (last week, weird bug, thankfully it's gone now I think) I've not been spending a whole heck of a lot of time in front of the computer.

I have been doing other things though:

- sleeping
- sneezing
- blowing my nose
- working
- baking bread (in my bread machine)
- talking to my goldfish
- complaining about having to wear winter boots again (I shouldn't complain, it's only been 2 weeks)

I've been doing other things too... but nothing as terribly exciting as talking to fish or snot production.

Oh, for five minutes yesterday, I liked Michael Buble. He said, in the press, something that I've been saying (loudly) for years, that the Grammys were bullshit. They are and it's true and he said it too and even though I don't care much for him, he's popular and he has the ear of people who like the kind of music that is put in the spotlight in these horrible award shows. Of course, he no sooner said it than he took it back ("you can't take it back, it's already out there").

Sorry, you wishy washy crooner boy. I thought I'd be able to like you but alas, I was wrong.

No comments: