Thursday, January 04, 2007

baked


Chewy Skor Toffee Bits Cookies
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
I've been inspired to bake more.

I baked a lot before christmas, literally hundreds of cookies, most of them were given away as gifts.

We didn't keep too many in the house and I still have the best part of a huge ass bag of flour in the cupboard so I baked some cookies today.

I didn't bake the ones in the photo (the skor cookies), instead I made a batch of chewy coconut cookies and a loaf of banana bread. the banana bread could have done with an extra 10 minutes in the oven but it still looks okay. I'm sure it'll taste just fine.

the two things I like most about baking, besides the obvious yummy results, are the way it makes the whole house smell good and the way it warms up the kitchen floor.

home feels more homely when it's full of yummy smells.

No comments: