Wednesday, November 01, 2006

119

Last night, we had 119 trick-er-treaters at our door. Well, technically, we had 115. One treat bag went to a friend of Mark's who popped by (his friend has a little girl so I made him promise that he would give it to her when he got home). There were three really goofy teenagers who were at the door twice. When I asked them if they had been here earlier, they all denied it. I wanted to say, "dudes, you are the only three who are wearing your masks pulled up on your head like that. You all look like you are heading to a clan meeting, seriously!" but I didn't. I just grinned and gave them each another bag.

By 7:02 p.m. I had one bag of candy left so I turned the light off. There was a group of four kids at the bottom of the driveway and I didn't think it would be fair to turn three away empty handed.

I was glad when the last one was gone because I was feeling really shitty. My bones were aching and I was really warm. I think I've had a low grade fever the past couple of days. I've felt like hammered shit all week. No fun. It was cute to see the kids last night. Lots of little princesses...there were also a number of Freddy Kruegers. I hadn't realized that Freddy was so popular again. I'm not so sure if it's appropriate for little boys to be dressed as the offspring of a nun who was raped by criminally insane psychiatric patients but then again, I'm not a parent so what do I know?

No comments: