Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Way Back Wednesday - Poison Ivy

Over the weekend, I actually left my house and did a couple of errands. For the first time since Christmas, I was able to visit with my folks. It was quite a day!

While I was out driving around, today's song came on the radio. Instantly, I was taping my hand on the steering wheel and singing along. What a great tune, I had almost forgotten about it. Lucky for you, I remembered it and am sharing it with you.

Today's Way Back Wednesday tune is "Poison Ivy" by The Coasters. Written by Leiber and Stoller, Poison Ivy was recorded by The Coasters in 1959. It did really well on the R&B charts at the time and is probably the catchy-ist song I've ever heard about STI's!!  

Happy Hump Day friends!! xo

You're gonna need an ocean of calamine lotion
You'll be scratchin' like a hound
The minute you start to mess around


No comments: