Friday, December 06, 2019

Not Guilty Just Pleasure - Chivalry's Not Dead


As I write this, I'm feeling a bit bleary-eyed and fuzzy. It's been a long few weeks. I've had a lot on my plate and it's starting to catch up with me.  There is a lovely light at the end of the tunnel however. Next Friday is my last day in the office for 2019. For the first time in my entire life (and I'm old!), I'll be spending the Christmas break outside of Ontario. I'm returning to British Columbia to spend the holidays with some pretty wonderful people and I feel very lucky to be able to do that.

Alas, that holiday in Summerland is still a week away and I need to get through the next few days with my sanity (ha!) in tact. Music helps, always. Regular readers will know that I'm always looking for new music that speaks to me. Happily, I can report that my ears were recently treated to some great new music by a singer-songwriter from California, Michele Audish.  I don't know Michele in real life but we became "facebook friends" after we both joined the Father John Misty Fan Club (Can Flub!) page a few years ago. We follow each other on IG and I've enjoyed watching her social feed over the past many months as she's been sharing the story about her songs and her budding music career.

Recently, she released her first self-titled EP. It's SO good. 5 songs of fab! Her voice is just beautiful and the songs are clever and thoughtful. Michele is fantastic and you should definitely check her record out. She's streaming her music everywhere you stream stuff and you can buy it at Apple Music for $5.49 CND! A bargain at twice the price!! My favourite of her songs is called "Hypothetically" but I'm sharing "Chivalry's Not Dead" today. She released a video for it and it's SO good. It's funny but also not funny, far too many of us have met guys like the one she portrays in the video.

Hope you enjoy it, great song, super video, it's Friday. Life is good (even if you're fuzzy and bleary-eyed)!! xo

No comments: