Thursday, December 12, 2019

Cancon Thursday - Rum Tape

Today's Cancon Thursday son is "Rum Tape" by Ocean Potion (Mike O’Brien from Zeus and Jason Haberman from Yukon Blonde).
Ocean Potion in Kingston
November 2019

I recently saw them in Kingston. They were opening for Dan Mangan (with the amazing Don Kerr on drums) - actually they were also Dan's touring band. Anyway, when it was announced in the summer that they would be playing, I didn't know anything about them.  Immediately, upon finding them online, I fell in love with their self-titled album.  They are as terrific live as they are on the record. I'm not sure how you'd describe what they sound like, it's a sound that I like and I think that they would fit in perfectly with the "Dent May Radio" playlist I found recently. Anyway, it's a really upbeat, dreamy record and I have enjoyed spending more and more time with it.

Hope you dig it xo


No comments: