Friday, April 13, 2018

Not Guilty, Just Pleasure - Hate it Here

If you're a regular reader of my little blog you will know that I am a fan of Wilco.

A couple of months ago, I heard that Jeff Tweedy of Wilco would be coming to Kingston.  Immediately, without hesitation, I bought two tickets and then texted my friend John.  Jeff Tweedy in Kingston? How would that be possible, so excited was I!

John and Peggy at the Grand Theatre in Kingston
John and me, waiting for Mr Tweedy
So, Sunday night, John and I sat in our awesome second row seats and were dazzled and amazed by an acoustic performance by Jeff Tweedy.  I lost count of how many songs he played... I had submitted a request for "Hate it Here" for Mark (he didn't play it!).  It was his favourite Wilco song and he would have been super stoked to have seen Mr Tweedy in our sleepy little town.  Because tomorrow is Mark's birthday, I'm going to share this version of "Hate it Here" with you all.  It's a full band, live version and it's great. Because WILCO! Am I right?!

Happy Birthday Mark,  you'd be turning 66 tomorrow if you were still with us.  We all love you and miss you, like crazy, yesterday, today and forever. xo


No comments: