Saturday, April 14, 2018

Happy Birthday Chef

Today we'll celebrate your birthday for the third time without you here.

You'd be 66 today if you were still around to have some cake and sushi.

Mark
The Birthday Boy.
Gracie and me and all of our friends and family, everyone who loved you, still love you and miss you every day.  I wish you could hear the things people say to me about you, the stories they share about who you were and how much you meant to them. You touched people in a big way and left a hole in lot of hearts when you died.

I know you can't read this but it makes me feel good to write to you like this, let's me think for a second that you are still checking your email and you'll be able to understand how special you were.  Again, I'm reminded of the note your beautiful friend Lynda sent me after you passed away, "he had the strongest spirit and presence of anyone I've ever known. Simply a complex, fascinating, charismatic human being unlike anyone I've ever known."  She was so right.  You were one in a billion...Happy Birthday Chef Mark xo

No comments: