Wednesday, October 06, 2010

things I like


the raveonettes
Originally uploaded by Julep67
love in a trashcan This ditty is currently playing on my MP3 player and swirling around in my brain between my headphones. It never fails to make me happy. it's an oldie but a goodie. all hail the raveonettes, please and thank you

sinus meds I've been fighting a cold (I think it's a cold) for a couple of weeks now. The symptoms are just there, under the surface and every once in a while they creep up and kick me. Like Sunday, I thought I was coming down with a major head cold and Monday, it was downgraded to sniffles. Today, I think it's allergies and not a cold. I tried to not take my allergy stuff this morning and didn't last two hours before I had to take it. I'm at the office and have a sinus headache. I took some stuff with ibuprofen in it and am waiting very patiently for them to kick in.

our new dvd player Last night, we broke down and bought a blue ray player. Our HD DVD player, which we've had for not quite 2 years, was really inexpensive and it's not all that great. It's a good name brand and we felt like it was a deal at the time. 2 years later, it's hit and miss so we moved it to the basement and bought a new player last night. We don't have a lot of blue ray discs, just 2 actually (we had the combo pack of "up" and Mark bought a copy of "a hard day's night" on blue ray on the weekend). The difference in the picture quality on Up is impressive. Will have to wait until the weekend to see how A Hard Day's Night shapes up.

Jill Barber - I've been a fan for a long time and you should be too. I may have posted the link to the video for "All My Dreams" before but I don't care, I'll post it as many times and I want to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbEPyV4LFlg - it's beautiful, so is Jill, she's making a new record AND, the hero of the video is my friend Andrew. Are those enough reasons to watch it again?

No comments: