Monday, January 04, 2010

it's a brand new year


pooped
Originally uploaded by Julep67
I stole this from Denise (thanks Denise!) because I liked it and thought it was a neat way to wrap up 2009.

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Had a pedicure

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I normally don't make them so I can't recall making any last year and I haven't made any for this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thankfully.

5. What places did you visit? We didn't get too far out of town this year. We did do a roadtrip to Montreal in May but I don't think we went anywhere else of note.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Can't think of anything!

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? August 6 - it was the tenth anniversary of the day Mark and I met and it was our wedding day.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Pulling together a fun and meaningful, DIY wedding on a small budget.

9. What was your biggest failure? Does making it through another year without sorting out boxes in the basement count as a failure?

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? not really, luckily just had a couple of colds.

11. What was the best thing you bought? a bug zapper for our backyard!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Sam and Gracie. They continue to love us both unconditionally and are simply awesome puppies!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Prime Minister Harper. He actually makes me feel embarrassed to be a Canadian sometimes.

14. Where did most of your money go? Life! Mortgage, Insurance and Utilities. Sexy huh?

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? I don't normally get "really, really, really" excited about anything.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009? You and I by Wilco

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? About the same, generally happy.

b) thinner or fatter? No change

c) richer or poorer? Probably about the same.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? walking with the dogs

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? work. I love my job but I'd always rather be hanging out with Mark, Sam and Gracie if it's possible.

20. How did you spend Christmas in 2009? Spent the morning and early afternoon at home, hanging out with the dogs. The rest of was spent with my family. My mum made us a great dinner.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009? No.

22. What was your favorite TV program? It continues to be Coronation Street but my favourite new show was Nurse Jackie.

23. What did you do for your birthday in 2009? I worked (had a totally crazy day) and can't remember what we did afterwards. When your birthday falls in the middle of the week, it's sort of a non-event.

24. What was the best book you read? I don't think I actually finished any of the books I started this year but I did finally read the Sinclair Ross short story, "The Painted Door" and really enjoyed it.

25. What did you want and get? I wanted Mark and I to catch up on Coronation Street and be able to watch them in realtime and we did. CBC being 9 months behind the UK Broadcast schedule can suck it!

26. What did you want and not get? I wanted to win the lottery and did not. Of course, buying a ticket more often would have helped.

27. What was your favorite film of this year? District 9. It shocked me how much I loved it considering I don't like Science Fiction.

28. Did you make some new friends this year? Why yes I did, through work.

29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being more honest with folks (like, say Nessa from Gavin and Stacey) and less polite.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? I'd rather be comfortable than conform to fashion trends.

31. What kept you sane? I'm sane?

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Like Denise, I love, love, love Michelle Obama. She's the bees knees to me.

33. What political issue stirred you the most? The prorogation of parliament. The Tories have done this twice now. The entire government cannot throw a sickie when things aren't going their way.

34. Who did you miss? I always miss my Nana.

35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. Life is too short to not be happy.

No comments: