Thursday, January 07, 2010

fires and tigers

One of the things I hate most about this time of the year is the increase in the number of house fires you hear about. Most of them seem to be caused by faulty or overused space heaters. I have been shocked at the number of fires I've read about this week and saddened by the number of people who have been killed in them. While my heart goes out to the members of families who have lost loved ones and possessions, not to mention their homes, I'm always shocked by the number who do not have any kind of tenant's insurance, particularly in apartments and attached housing. A fire in your unit could damage another unit and if you're responsible for the fire, you'd be responsible for damages in some cases. I know that for some folks, it might be a financial stretch but the cost of having to replace all of your household items would be more expensive if you were to have a fire.

On another note, the WWF was able to capture this video of Sumatra tigers. It saddens me that there are so few of them left on the planet and soon, they may be gone.

No comments: