Monday, February 23, 2009

sushi man


Mark waits for sushi
Originally uploaded by Julep67
Mark's head appears to be floating around the restaurant in this photo. Today I'm sure he'd rather that it was detached from his head. This morning, just before he came to pick me up to take me to work, he had a lady in his taxi who, because she was running late, decided to spray herself with perfume in the taxi! He instantly went into migraine mode and was sick to his stomach when he got to the house. People are so inconsiderate. Never mind that most taxis are kept scent free because they take a lot of folks to and from various medical appointments, you would think that she'd have asked if was okay before doing it. When I got into the cab to go to work, I could still smell it. It was very sweet smelling, just gross, almost banana-y but really fake vanilla-y banana. Not good.

My computer at home has been acting up for a while now and we've been nursing it along. On Friday evening, it started overheating. On Saturday, the sound card died. Before we could figure out if it was the CPU or the sound card causing the issue, the whole thing died. Fortunately, I had an opportunity to back everything up before it happened so I've not lost any data at all. We're both just really irritated by the idea of having to figure out what is going on and then buy the parts to get it up and running again. I'd really hoped we could have avoided this until the summer but sometimes you just can't control crap like this.

Other than doing errands and chores and eating sushi (oh, and playing with the dogs of course), our weekend was pretty quiet. Good quiet, relaxing quiet, fun quiet. The only thing I can think to complain about right now is the computer thing. In the grand scheme of things, that's not so bad, is it?

No comments: