Monday, November 17, 2008

I need a new room

A couple of weeks ago, just after Gracie came to live with us, I rearranged the living room furniture to make room for two tearing around dogs. Every time I move the furniture around, I complain to Mark about the room. Honestly, I don’t think it’s the room, I think it’s our furniture. We bought our stuff for our old house and while it looks okay here, it’s not really working like I think it should.

If I had my way, I’d rip the walls out between the kitchen and the living room and open up the first floor of our house. I’d buy some beautiful new Dining Room Furniture to place in the spot which is currently my office and install an island in the kitchen. We could probably do a lot of the work ourselves if we put our minds to it.

Of course, this sounds expensive but it doesn’t have to be. I have been shopping around online for a quality source of Home Furniture and have found one that will ship to Canada. Max Furniture has a beautiful leather sectional sofa that will fit perfectly in my wonky living room and I can’t find a local supplier who can beat their prices. I also love the room planner they have on their website. You can use it to plot out your room and try different furniture placements so you’ll know exactly what will fit and what won’t. Who knows, when I get the living room and dining room sorted out, maybe I can start into our master bathroom. I have more than one of Max Furniture’s beautiful Bathroom Vanities bookmarked right now!

No comments: