Wednesday, March 28, 2007

what folks talk about

I've heard a lot of sad news just recently. News about folks who are moderately sick to gravely ill. News about folks who were killed in "accidents" which were caused by other folks who were impaired. News about lovely folks who have passed away. I've also had to be talking to folks at a monument company about headstones and cemeteries. Not a lot of fun, any of it.

Yesterday at work, we were talking about the things we were afraid of. A couple of my colleagues said that they were afraid of death. I don't really fear death, I mean, I'm not looking forward to not existing anymore but it's not something I spend a lot of time thinking about, my own death.

Perhaps watching all of those episodes of "Six Feet Under" helped me to develop a more healthy perspective on death and dying. Watching Joe die last year helped too. I feel like, when it's time, it's time. I'm just happy to know that when it's finally over, I won't know that it's happened. I guess the very best that anyone can hope for is that they don't have a long, painful, drawn-out illness during their final few whatevers (days, months, years).




Yeah, rather than dwell too much on thoughts about my own demise, I think I'd rather distract myself with musings about Sanjaya's hair last night on 'da idol. You just can't help but love that boy!!

No comments: