Sunday, March 04, 2007

sunday


icy morning
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
hey folks.

the freezing rain we woke up to on Friday morning didn't last too long, fortunately. It melted rather quickly and caused a lot of mini-floods in the roads and streets of our town. because it's been so cold lately, the storm drains were frozen solid. all the melting ice and falling rain just sort of pooled in the streets for a while on Friday. fortunately, the sun came out in the afternoon. big chunks of ice rained down on the ground everytime the wind blew. it was neat to see.

it took us until about 9 a.m. to get out of the driveway so I was a little late getting into work. because all of the local schools were closed for the day, some folks didn't make it in at all.

the weekend has been quiet around here. I picked up a headcold last week that is still dragging me down. because it's all in my head, by the time I'm ready to go to sleep, my head is starting to fill up and it makes breathing tough. I get up frequenly in the night to blow my nose and get something to drink. it's not fun and it's been going on since Tuesday. it can stop anytime it likes.

today I need to get the laundry done but once that is done, I don't really need to do much of anything else. I might even squeeze a nap in if I feel like it. it's nice to have options.

No comments: