Wednesday, November 21, 2012

suddenly

This past few days have been a whirlwind.

Quick as you'd like, we have had an offer accepted on a new home.  We weren't even looking and this happened.  How can this be!?

A couple of weeks ago, we decided to head out to visit my parents who were working at the annual Tea and Sale at their church.  On the way there, I noticed a house for sale.  It was a house I'd driven by my whole life and had always admired.  The home is located in a neighbourhood I never thought I'd be able to afford to live so I left it at that.

Maybe a week later, I looked up the home on the MLS website.  I noticed that it was actually in our price range.  Some of the features of this new property (septic system, not sewers, no central A/C) were an initial deterrent to me.  Eventually, I went back to the listing and began looking into septic systems.  The other morning, on the way to work, I mentioned the house to Mark in the car.  He immediately responded, without blinking, "let's go see it."

On Saturday, we saw the house and on Sunday, prepared an offer.  After a little bit of back and forth, our offer was accepted.  We're working on meeting the conditions but hopefully soon, it'll be officially ours.

It's a really fun house.  it's a ranch-style bungalow and it seems to have been built in the early or mid 1950's and has never been renovated.  It's been maintained to a very high standard but it really looks like something out of Mad Men.  The property also has a massive lot so the dogs will basically have a bigger space to run in than our neighbourhood's off-leash dog park. Like I said, FUN.

Of course, we'll still have the issue of dealing with our current home but I'd like to not think about that right now.  I shall just focus on my pinterest decor boards and how much we're going to love putting our stamp on our new place!

No comments: