Tuesday, November 13, 2012

everybody shout it

For the last little while, my personal challenge has been to try to write something here, every day, during the week.  That sort of fell off the rails the past few days for a number of reasons.  Writing about why I haven't written feels like it will help me get my blogging butt back in gear again.

1.  Work.  Things have been pretty busy at work and normally, I try to take a little break for lunch every day and I write at that time.  That hasn't happened during the past few days I've been in the office.

2.  Fall Clean Up.  I took Friday off last week and missed another lunch hour.  I'm trying to use up some vacation time which I can't really carry over.  I spent the day, well a good sized chunk of it, either outside in the garden, cutting stuff down and raking other stuff up or getting some chores done inside the house.  My garden was overdue to be "put to bed" for the winter.  It looks great now and we lugged 5 large bags of yard waste to the municipal composting place on the weekend.

3.  Doggie Time.  Recently, we decided to be more vigilent about walking the dogs on a regular schedule.  If I'm honest, they are kind of lazy, so are we so it's easy to just take short walks, or toss a ball around in the yard.  That's not enough exercise for them or us.  With the time change, we're trying to get in a longer walk each night after work, before dinner.  That's shifted our evenings around a bit but I kind of like it.  The dogs seem happy about it and we're enjoying it.  I do find that now, after dinner, I feel like doing more than just plopping on the couch.

4.  Housework.  I hate it, a lot.  It needs to get done though and I'm always happy when I come home to a clean house.  With my new found post-dinner energy, I'm doing one biggish housework each night before I head to the computer or TV.  By doing this, it is freeing up more time on the weekend to be outside running around with Mark and the dogs.

Looking at that list, I realized that I can probably squeeze a little writing time in between the walking thing and our dinner.  That's what I've done tonight.  Feels like the walk will help clear my head and hopefully, inspire me to write something, anything, each week day.  I figure the more I do it, the better it'll be.  I hope I'm right.


On that happy note, I'll leave you with a little gem from The Beat.  I've been listening to them a lot just recently.  Forgot how much I used to love them and am really enjoying them again.

No comments: