Monday, February 15, 2010

not dead yet

Last night I was pretty sure that I would die in the night sometime. I actually started telling Mark where the insurance stuff was, I felt that bad.

All weekend, I've had a weird headache. Sort of like a pressure on my forehead. It got so bad yesterday afternoon that I fell asleep with the dogs for two hours. When I woke up I felt a little better, we had dinner and I didn't feel so horrible.

While watching some tv, I started to feel sick. That aching horrible feeling that you know is just not good. I decided to have a shower before bed, to hopefully make me feel better. Big mistake. When I got out of the shower, I sat on the edge of my bed and Gracie sat at my feet looking up at me as if to say, "you look like shit."

I felt like it too. Eventually, I was able to get ready for bed and get under the covers. I turned the tv on and listened to it while I waited for Mark to come up from downstairs (he was doing some stuff on his computer in the basement). I guess part of me knew I was going to die if I could still laugh - I always laugh out loud when Fry says "Shields at maximum Yarnell" in the "love and rocket" episode of Futurama. I could not get warm though (I was under 2 comforters and a fuzzy blanket and was still cold). Zach and Miri were on demand so I put that on while I shivered under the covers.

All night I was either too hot or too cold and didn't sleep much at all. I've been up for ages and am still feeling really shitty. Probably going to head back to bed soon. In a way, it's surprising that I've not been sick before now, given that everyone around me has been sick, including Mark. I just would have preferred to not have spent the long weekend feeling like this.

No comments: