Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Way Back Wednesday - Terry

Kirsty MacColl - Terry
Hope your week is going well. Well, I guess "well" might be a stretch, "okay"? These days we take what we can get I suppose.

It's a bit scary to listen to or read the news. I force myself to check it a couple of times a day but I've grown weary of hearing the news about climbing COVID-19 case numbers, more people dying, even more getting sick. I don't ever ignore the masking / social distancing / hand washing stuff. By now, the protocols we follow feel a bit like second nature (sadly) but I find it exhausting to hear the news sometimes.

So, for Way Back Wednesday, I'm sharing a song which should help you forget about all of the troubles in the world for at least a few minutes. Kirsty MacColl's great song "Terry" was released as a single in 1983 ("Quietly Aloud" was the b-side). It got to No. 82 in the UK charts. It's Kirsty's take on a "Teen Ballad" and the video is super fun.

Hang in there kids, we're half-way to the weekend. Stay safe, wear a mask xo

Sorry if your heart is broken
Why's your mouth just hanging open?
Don't look so surprised
I found another guy


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping Kirsty's music alive. This is a song I hadn't heard before, so thanks for that.

If you haven't seen this, it's poignant (although actually, it's poignant even if you have seen it): https://www.hotpress.com/music/on-this-day-in-2000-kirsty-maccoll-died-aged-41-22836813?fbclid=IwAR1vLBsgryHeVTBhqOFTL_BvpfRmHZAhGY42fFdHvxYMJ36LGohfltMt5TY